Monday, February 18, 2013

David Sticker Book ~ Review

book  coverDavid Sticker Book
by Karen Williamson
ISBN: 978-1-85985-931-5
$5.99 (paperback)

About the Book:
David Sticker Book is a fun, interactive retelling of the story of David and Goliath, complete with four pages of stickers, so children can help illustrate the story and fill in the gaps. Kids will love the fun, reusable stickers and bright illustrations as they engage with this well-loved Bible story. 

My Thoughts:
I sat down with my 3 year old Sierra today and we read this cute story of David. Now it's much more than just the story of David, it also includes his being anointed by Samuel, how he played the harp for King Saul when he was down and also how he eventually becomes King. There are 4 pages of stickers and we even had a couple of extra stickers (I don't know if that was intentional) so Sierra was able to decide where those 2 extra ones went. 

She loved this book and I have a feeling we are going to be reading it several times over. I'm trying to find out if there are other stories in this series. I'd love to see the following: Joseph, Adam & Eve, Baby Jesus, Samuel, and a few others!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of David to read and review on CCB. I was not required to have a positive review and no money exchanged hands.    

No comments:

Post a Comment