Monday, February 20, 2012

Butterflies:

A thought or two.....


Butterflies
by Susan Gervay
ISBN: 978-1610670432
$6.99, age 11+


Note: this is not the review. This book will be featured during the Summer Book Club in June & July.


I'd like to share a comment from another Usborne Books consultant about Butterflies which I have planned for the Summer Book Club on CCB: Butterflies is written by Susan Gervay and is about a girl with severe burns that she received in a fire at the age of 3. 

"(a customer) bought "Butterflies" from me, and shared this story with me today. She bought the book for a niece who has emotional problems resulting from having witnessed a family member's suicide when she was young. Her mom had written a book about butterflies for her to help her through her issues - hence the interest in butterflies. The customer told me today that she really relates to the story, and refers to it during difficult times. As a matter of fact, she said that when the girl needs to be hospitalized for her issues, she brings the book with her. She told my guests today that the book had "changed the girl's life".

This is how powerful the written word can be - it can reach inside and touch places that others who love us can't.

If you'd like to purchase the book before I run my review in the next couple of months (I'm trying to hold off until the Summer Book Club) just click here and you can order it.


No comments:

Post a Comment