Thursday, July 25, 2013

Extend your bible reading times with the Bible Stories Painting Book 2

Bible Stories Painting Book 2
by: Juliet David
ISBN: 978-1859859797
$7.19 (paperback)

About the book:
Bible Stories Painting Book 1 and Bible Stories Painting Book 2 are two fantastic painting books that are easy to use with no mess involved! Each book has sixteen scenes from the Old and New Testaments with a simple line of text explaining the picture. Simply dip your brush in water, wipe over the paint pallets on the inside covers and fill in the illustrations with bright, bold colors!

My thoughts:
This cute book is filled with several stories from the Bible that really bring the scenes to life. There are 2 sets of watercolor pallettes 1 set in the front and one in the back. There are a total of 16 pages for kids to paint on 8 pages front and back. I loved the scenes - they are descriptive but not over detailed with to much going on in the scene. Personally I would of prefered that each scene was on a separate sheet of paper so each could be painted, however I did like that the pages didn't bleed through very much and if the child wanted to still paint the back side after the front had dried that works fine. We just had to spread out each page so it would lie flat as much as possible.

Connor loved this book. We've been reading a Bible Story from the Classic Children's Bible every day this summer and will be continuing to do this during the school year. I love being able to extend some of the stories in creative ways and this definitely fits the bill! I think I will plan on purchasing a book for each of my daycare kids to use and then they can enjoy doing all the stories.

Disclaimer: I was offered a copy of the book to read and review on CCB. I was not required to have a positive review and no $$ exchanged hands. Thanks for reading CCB.

No comments:

Post a Comment